Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Stand Corrected



There's nothing more humbling than being corrected by a 2 and a 1/2 year old.

"That's not just stars muma, that's the Milky Way"

I now believe our son is on temporary loan. He's not ours to rule over. He's simply a flatmate who is biding his time, waiting, growing, eating our food, correcting us (he's always right), honing his verbal skills until he flourishes and his legs grow a little longer for a quick getaway!


I love the way he's not ashamed of being so very smart. I don't love the way people make the comment that 'Gosh, he's like his father!' after said smartness is aired in public. What am I? Chopped liver? Helllooooo. I'm the one that's with him all day, playing, reading, drawing, going on outings, chatting to him, and do you think I get any credit?

''Gosh, such a smart boy...takes after Israel, doesn't he?''

Jokes aside, I'm so proud of both of 'My Boys'. If people choose to explain his intelligence by genetics alone, that's OK with me. After all, there must be a touch of me in there somewhere ;)

0 comments on "I Stand Corrected"

Post a Comment